Lots of outdoor work lately. We've completed the deck and porch framing and finish. We framed the deck with galvanized steel joists, which are strong, fast (they're pre-cut), straight, and won't warp like large section PT lumber. The decking will be thermally modified ash from western Mass. The porch and deck roof is painted tongue and groove 2x6 over native cherry rafters. The hips over the deck are irregular (meaning that they are not 45 degrees in plan view), so the jack cuts are different on each side.
Lots of activity on the job. Framing is complete. The interior air barrier (Intello) and service cavity are complete. The entire house is off of the electric grid, so we're running all of our tools off of PV. Dense-pack cellulose in the 12" double stud walls and 18" cathedral ceilings is complete. And windows and doors are in. While the sheetrock is being done, we'll be outside starting the south porch and west deck.
We cut and pre-assembled a small hipped roof with scissor trusses in our shop.